The “Green New Deal” is a phrase many know of as a climate change ideology strongly advocated by Democratic Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC).
If you are in the business of selling energy-efficient installations and equipment including transport vehicles, your support of the advocacies against carbon-emissions starts with electing government officials and lawmakers backing the “Green New Deal” (GND) climate change proposal.
The GND is Not About Political Affiliations but Legislations for Addressing Environmental Problems
Regardless of your political party affiliation, be in the know that the GND proposes actions that could help prevent the compounding health and environmental problems that affect not only Americans, but all lives on planet Earth.
The notion that it is a political ideology is because the far right lawmakers have blocked the bill from getting recognized for bipartisan deliberation and coordination.
On a national level, Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s proposed policies include support for the GND. On the other hand, incumbent president Donald Trump, considers global warming a hoax. That being the case , Trump practically withdrew the country’s participation from the 2015 Paris Agreement. The said accord delves on global actions aimed at mitigating the climate change phenomenon.
Setting Political Differences Aside, Understand What the GND is All About
Understanding the “Green New Deal” and what it proposes can enlighten us on how the proposal can save the U.S. from the deteriorating economic, social and environmental conditions faced by the country today. However, since it is embodied as a legislative bill consisting of more than a hundred pages, we simply listed below the fundamental aspects comprising the proposed GND Bill.
1 The main goal is to bring down greenhouse gas emissions down to zero level by the year 2030 as proposed by the 2015 Paris Agreement. Moreover all future legislations, particularly in connection with infrastructure will take into consideration mitigating actions for addressing climate change. Some examples of the proposed actions include but are not limited to the following:
2. Helping communities across the U.S. greatly impacted by climate change meet the harsh impact of severe climate change occurrences.
3. Investing government funds on renewable power sources, as well as on industries that focus on manufacturing, selling and propagating the use of renewable, clean energy sources.
4 Repair and upgrade existing infrastructures for purposes of strengthening their ability to withstand natural calamities and extreme weather conditions.
5. Upgrade existing power grids into energy-efficient distribution channels, as well as build new ones to ensure the availability and affordability of clean electrical energy.
6. Upgrade all buildings and make sure all new edifices conform to the policies that aim to achieve maximum levels of efficiency, safety, affordability, sustainability and convenience in the use of clean energy and clean water.
7. Supporting sustainable farming, including family farming, as well as sustainable and equitable food distribution systems.
8. Launch land preservation, afforestation and other science-based projects that aim to restore ecosystems.
9. Launch clean-up projects to identify and eradicate all sources of pollution, emissions, and hazardous wastes.
On our part as entrepreneurs or as product influencers, we can help garner support for the “Green New Deal” by disseminating information through blogs. We can publish them as website content, create how-to or tutorial videos or provide genuine testimonies in promoting energy-efficient and sustainable products. Another example is by recommending green products in digital magazines by way of a home improvement guest post.
As the COVID-19 pandemic has taught us, in whatever crisis our planet goes through, we are all in this together. That is why we must all unite and work as one. .